THE BENEFITS OF LIVING SIMPLE

by - September 11, 2016


If there is one thing I noticed about myself is that over the past years I have become the best disciple of an excessive and obsessive lifestyle. Well I did become a collector and a conformist to materialism at some point in my life and who isn't. right? But every day as I learn the process of becoming less and less attached to things and how society sells  the notion of spending more is equal to success and happiness, I realized that I do have a choice. I can live with less and here is why...


Less T.V. and online time means more time for reading.

Less shopping means more time with family and friends.

Less things, more space.

Less rush, more mindfulness.

Less junk, more purpose.

Less busy work, more impact.

Less chaos, more solitude and peace.

Less worry, more contentment

Less hate, more love, more smiles.


Henry David Thoreau once said, "Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify! simplify! Well, I may not be able to "perfect" a simplified life, but that's about it. There is no form or rules to living simple because it is just a matter of waking up every morning with gratitude and contentment. So live, laugh, love, create!

You May Also Like

0 comments