The Surprise of my Life

by - January 16, 2015

Hey beauties! how's everything going in your side of the universe? I hope you guys are carrying on and still hopping like excited little bunnies because... c'mon its friday! and time to partehy!

Well, I was at the doctor yesterday and I am very happy that everything is going well for now and that there is nothing to worry about except well... I have again gained 2 kilos more of weight which the doctor, with all her enthusiasm combined, explained that it's a good thing and it only means my body is getting back to its normal function. So, yey! 

Honestly, I don't feel like anything except that weird feeling that I only had a flu and now I am getting rid of it. Might be defense mechanism kicking in but often times I'd like to think that cancer was just a very very bad flu gone ballistic. So, despite the fact that I am now a certified survivor and had to eat 5 combination of meds for breakfast, I am very thrilled to call myself a bionic woman (barf) LOL! believe me I had to look like Gullum one time and it was a not a common sight my precious. Now, I am totally rocking the bunny hunter Mr. Elmer Fudd look...and yes I can pass for a Missus. If only I am not already married to a gorgeous man...peace sweetie :)



So anyway, like I said, I was at the doctor yesterday for my 21 days follow up check up after my last chemo. And you see, I was actually pretty worried... like I don't know... maybe worried that the big old scary Mr. Cancer might come back unexpected again... So, I thought I might as well get that anti cervical cancer vaccine just to make sure. And so there I was smiling at the doctor excited for no reason (it's just me ...and probably my crazy cancer head)... and in my high pitch excited voice I burst in and ask the doctor..."oh can I get the anti cervical cancer vaccine dr.? and then she was like..."oh but honey, you don't have a cervix. all you've got is your VJay and nothing more." and I was like "great! that means I don't need to get the vaccine anymore." LOL! the dr. indeed had *taketh and what am I to do?

Then I thought, there goes my womanhood...flushed down the drain and why am I smiling? I guess because I realized that everything turns out the total opposite of what "every woman should be". I cannot be a mother, I have a michilin neck and I can't even blow dry my hair, curl my lashes and my eyebrows? honey, it disappears before you can even blink. Thanks to the non-cancer friendly eyebrow liner or haven't they ever invented one already? oh well, I have become by far the epitome of imperfections. And I'm okay ;) because after wiping off the amazing tricks of makeup, it is still the person sitting in front of the mirror that you still love. The you no one may know, the you who have smile through every struggle. And because you know that behind those scars and bulges there is a brave person staring back at you... then you smile.

Well, of course you don't have to be something else or to be struggling or to necessarily have cancer (heaven forbid) to be brave and be strong and be bold. You can be just the way you are. Like they said, "you are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful." Till next time... and oh I might be coming up with some reviews and some "how to" tips soon. So, please stay tune for it. Have a wonderful day beautiful people.




post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. te shannel,im so happy for you....miss u....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannel!!! I'm so happy that you're feeling better now... I've read you're posts here and on facebook, now it's time to get in touch once again! Unfortunately life has always both good and bad implications for for us little humans, and the only thing to do is to fight every day as you do. I'm so happy to read your posts again.
    What about me, this period is quite, normal, during the week I go to work from the morning till the afternoon, then in the evening I commit myself to go to walk for some kilometers and for what I can I try to update my blog, but during the week I've to time to make up myself in the morning.
    I can't wait to read your new post dear Shannel,
    a big hug to you and Mr. Kodi
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete