ThriftTease: Thanksgiving Dinner/Holiday Makeup Look by Catrice

by - November 29, 2013


Happy Friday Beauties! I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. I was having a night class on Thanksgiving but I didn't forget to be thankful for all that is making me happy and those that made me strong. I am thankful for family and friends and the wonderful people I met. I am grateful that today, I can still be thankful for a grand and beautiful life and much that I am sharing it with wonderful people I love. 

And since the hubsy and the me couldn't make it to celebrate Thanksgiving exactly on it's day, we had it earlier; had a wonderful dinner out (since the truth be told... I couldn't cook) and still had a wonderful time. And yes, I get to wear the new eyeshadows that I bought for the season. And like always, I am very happy to share it with you my easy Thanksgiving Dinner/Holiday Look.


On my face 
Prep: Bourjois BB Cream 8-1 in 21 Vanilla/Vanilla 
and I set it with the Bourjois Mattifying Compact powder in 71 Beige Clair

I totally forgot I got these few months ago. I remember I didn't really get to like it the first time I used it but then I realized it gives out a better result when applied over a great makeup base. So, I guess I would be using these products more in my makeup look now that I was able to figure out how to really make it work.



after prepping my eyebrows and my lids I applied the Absolute Colour 640 Don't Touch my Mosserati and 580 Carrots of the Caribbean by Catrice.

X1 - apply above the crease
x2 - apply on the lids


Then I used two shades from my Nudy Brown Palette to tone down the colors a bit.
x3 - apply on the outer crease corner and blend towards the inner corner.
x4 - apply on the outer eyelid corner to create a subtle gradient.


On my cheeks, I used the blushes that I got from KMA (forgot the names of the shades)
x1 - contour the nose, the cheeks and the jawline
x2 - apply on the apples of the cheeks.


...and on my lips I use the Ultimate Colour 050 Princess Peach by Catrice.

...and the look that I came up with.

Thank you so much Everyone for all the love and support and I wish you all a Wonderful Weekend!



post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Lovely look - I love the combination of golds and greens. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, I think I am starting to like greens too. I'm glad you like the color combination. Have wonderful weekend. Hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Shannel!!!
    As I said in a precedent post you've to use green more often because it gives a wonderful luminosity to your sight! I also like the rest of the make up, it's well balanced =)
    Have a nice day my dear,
    kisses to you and Mr Kodi,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear Marghe. I am happy you like it the fact that you do really great with makeup. Means so much to me. And yes, I am starting to love greens since like you said it does brings out my eyes. Thanks for the tips. Hugs, kisses and smooches to you and Camilla from Me and Mr. Kodi. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  3. great look! I would not have picked up those two eye shadows at all but looking at how you made it work I will venture and try it out myself as well =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, I know. right? I was hesitant at first too but I just decided to give it a go and just have fun with the colors. Although I need to tone it down to keep the colors from popping too much. Hope you get to try it and have fun as well ;) thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful weekend gorgeous. hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  4. Can we talk for a second? Do you realize how gorgeous you are? These pictures!! I love these colors on you. I would not have put them together but they look so amazing together. I am going to have to try this. I love this look! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It's amazing! (◕‿◕✿) Much love and hugs to you, hubs and Kodi!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Thank you my dear friend. You always have so many ways to make me blush. Thanks for the lovely words and I am happy you like the colors together. I didn't know I could pull off the orange. It was so bright and for a second there I thought of wiping it off and do another makeup look that doesn't include such a bright color but I just decided to give it go and tone it down a bit. I realized orange and green is not so much in the trend right now but I had so much fun putting it together ;) I am glad you guys like it :) you mean so much to me and our friendship is just the greatest ever. Hugs and kisses and smooches from the Land of Smiles, Hubs, Kodi and the Me ;)

      Delete
  5. Those colours look amazing on you, especially the lipstick! Great look.

    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keisha, I'm might do a review on it since it the first one that I got from the brand and so far I am loving it. Catrice has a nice collection of lip sticks so I am excited to try more shades from the collection. Have a great day dear. hugs and kisses!

      Delete