ThriftTease: Basic Everyday Look with Mistine Nudy Brown Complete Palette

by - November 20, 2013


Good morning Beaugorgeous! Wonderful Wednesday I hope.... A very good friend of mine is just starting to experiment with makeup and she get so overwhelmed with all the make up do's and don'ts and products and she's afraid she might "buy the wrong things." I've had a couple of makeup fails myself specially that I wasn't really use to it until later, speaking of being a late bloomer ;) But it just takes getting to yourself and finding out what best work for you, your skin type, and your lifestyle to come out with your own version of how-to-look-done-but-still-be-you.

Anyways, I've already posted a makeup essential blog before but here's my latest say on it.


Moisturizer
Even with an oily to combination skin, it is always best to moisturize your face before applying your makeup basics. Applying a little amount of moisturizer will help soften and dehydrate you skin making it easy for the products to blend in with your skin thus making it look more natural.


This is my basic/must do prep routine before I get too excited putting my eyeshadow, my blushes and all the fun stuff. And yes, I don't really fancy this part of the routine but it is very important to be able to get a very nice makeup do...

no. 1 - make sure that you apply a good makeup base. This is to even out and smoothen the skin. It will also helps the makeup stays longer.

no. 2 - Foundation. You can start with applying a thin foundation (specially if you are in a hot and humid area). I've made a mistake before by buying what the beauty gurus recommend on every beauty sites without thinking about the specific details like if it is good for oily skin, humid weather, if it's matte and all those little things we need to keep in mind. So, the trick is if you are not sure about the product, you can purchase the smallest size they have or even ask for a sample and see if it works. If it does then you can level up by purchasing as many as you want but if not then at least you didn't spend all that money for a product that didn't really work on you. And again, start light. Don't pack on too much.

no. 3 - Concealer. For me this one is optional. But it helps a lot specially if you have "extra" baggy and dark under eyes. Just make sure you blend it nicely so it won't get cakey.

no, 5 - Setting powder. This will help create a finish and matte look as well as help the foundation stay longer.


no. 6 - Eyeshadow Base - This will help the eyeshadow stay longer and it prevents creasing as well. Also most eyeshadows only work best when use with an eyeshadow base.

no. 7 - Get an eye shadow with neutral colors that way you won't look *drastic specially when you are still starting with makeup.


no. 8 - Basic eyebrow pencil. The rule is to get a shade lighter than your hair. Or you can get two colors and blend it together just like our real hair color.


no. 9 - Keep some *Basic Eye Essential. A water proof mascara, to avoid dripping and having panda eyes specially in a hot and humid weather when you can't help sweating a bit. Then get some water proof eye liner. I would recommend eyeliner that are designed like pens so it easier to use.


no. 10 - You can start with 2 basic blushes; one a little darker for contouring (you don't want to do extreme contouring or you will end up looking a bit funny). Then a pink shade or any shade which will add some "blush to your cheeks making you look fresh and glowing.



no. 11 - Get some lipsticks in basic shades so it can go with different makeup looks. I always love nude pink and some light red to go with my everyday look.

So, I did a simple makeup look using all these products, the red lipstick on the right and some shades from the Nudy Brown Complete Palette.


x1 - apply all over the lids
x2 - apply on the lids
x3 - apply over the eye liner and on the lower eye lids.

and the look that I came up with...

So, there's my makeup essentials. It doesn't really have to be a lot and complicated....

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!



post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love this post. This is such a great post! You are absolutely right it doesn't have to be complicated or too much. That palette is fantastic and that bag is adorable. Thanks for sharing (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome my dear and thanks for always coming by. It makes me so so happy. Thanks for being so supportive. and the bag? I actually got it for free from watsons. It so funny I got so many free things from them... I guess that means I am already a regular...if regular means dropping by the store almost everyday "to buy some tissue paper" LOL! Have a wonderful week ahead and kisses to the girls and the family.

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  2. Great post especially because everything is budget friendly. How is that Maybelline mascara? I love the tube. PS love that pink container in the back ground. What is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! kind of getting more interested on that nudy brown palette. :)

    ReplyDelete