Thrift Tease Makeover: Weekend Brunch Date

by - October 09, 2013


Hey there Beautiful people! Hope everyone is up for another week. There's been so many things going on lately and so many unexpected turns making it's way from wherever side of the world. And in as much as I am tempted to say "the sun still shines" it doesn't either. Been raining and raining and raining from this side of the world ( that was on the weekend, it rained non-stop)...but the sun did come out a little bit today. Well, after all that too much sun, it feels good to finally embrace the cold summer rain. Well, in spite of the pouring rain and the lethargy it brings, hubsy and the mwah decided to put our rain boots on and frolic in the rain to our weekend brunch date. We have been really, really busy the past few days but we make sure that we don't skip date nights, movie dates, and even for a short brunch... rain or shine. So, as usual I got to share my Brunch Date Makeup. I decided to play with too much color this time since it's really been very gloomy so I thought wearing a bit of sunshine will help lighten the mood...somehow.


On my face, I used my usual favorite....

L'Oreal Base Magique Base
Soft Touch Mouse in 04 matt ivory by Essence
The product doesn't have any SPF in it so I thought it can work on a rainy day. However, I am not really waving my pompoms for it. The consistency of the  product is a 100% likeness to the Dream Mousse by Maybelline but there is a significant difference when it comes to how they work. I can't really explain how it happens but the product seemed to settle on the creases of your face emphasizing the lines that you so wanted to conceal. Unlike the Dream Mousse which glides smoothly over the skin, this one tends to settle on the lines and the pores making it appear more although I did use a very good base for this one. And usually I just have to use my hands...again, clean hands when applying the mousse, but for this one I have to use a sponge which is to really eliminate most of the products since again, it has made it's way to may "baby wrinkles". Well, using a small amount of foundation powder over it did the trick. But make sure you don't pack on too much foundation powder either or it will make the face appear very "done." For a Sunday brunch you want a light and natural effect and since it's been raining I don't want too much foundation dripping off my face in case we get soaked.


Then I used the the Whitening BB foundation powder SPF 20 in natural to set the mousse foundation
Pure Mineral Concealer by Maybelline
Eyeshadow base by Essence
(which I really love. I didn't even get to try another brand)


On my Eyes I used my October Favorites and my ultimate love which is the...

CANMAKE Eye Brow Kit

...and my October favorites...
Multi-Action False Lashes Mascara by Essence
Kajal Pencil Eye Liner in 21 feel the eclipse by Essence
Eye Liner Pen by Essence


 Then I decided to use the Water proof Eye Color Set in EWE 010 Candy by In2IT

x1 - apply on the crease and lightly blend upwards over it.
x2 -  apply on the lids
x3 - with a blending brush apply the color to even out harsh lines


On my cheeks I use the...
Betty in Forever Cheek Color by Mistine
I love how the colors come together (when you swirl your brush on every color) in a beautiful shade of natural pink glow.


on my lips I used the...
Lipliner in 08 red blush by Essence
Lipstick by NYX in 595 Strawberry Milk

....and the look that I came up with

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!


post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

15 comments

  1. Very pretty and girly look! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Charlotte, I am glad you drop by. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, have a great day and thanks for dropping by ;) hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
    2. I nominated you for Liebster award. Please make sure to collect this on my blog
      xoxo

      Delete
    3. oh Thank you ;) you are very thoughtful! I will definitely check it out ;) hugs!

      Delete
  3. I am up to try these too!

    Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, you can try these gorgeous colors my dear Mel. I was hesitant at first... cause it's so red... but it turns out okay and kind of fun to wear ;) hugs and kisses

      miss you
      shannel

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks Jonna I'm glad you came by ;) have a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
    2. thanks Jonna I'm glad you came by ;) have a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  5. I love Essence. Beautiful makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Essence products as well. I always grab one or two beauty products everytime a walk by their shelves... very tempting indeed. Have a fantastic weekend! hugs

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  6. I love you Blog hunni! Every time I'm on here it makes feel happy :)
    You look gorgeous as per usual!

    Lots of love n hugs from chilly London
    Easmin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear Easmin, and I am happy that it makes you feel happy being here. I really appreciate it that you come by...very sweet of you. Sending you lots of hugs and kisses from sunny Thaland ;)

      always
      shannel

      Delete