Thrift Tease Makeover: Makeup On a Rainy Day

by - September 20, 2013

Hey BeauGorgeous! You guys doesn't have any idea how excited I am to have made it to my next post! yeah, yeah, yeah, call it lame but seems like I have been away for a gazillion years... okay maybe a few days doesn't count as gazillion but life has been very rush lately and you just can't help feeling so overwhelmed and excited over so many things happening at one time...and probably that coffee had something to do with it too... well, it's just that it's been raining, and cold, and you get sleepy but you have to stay awake till midnight to accomplish things and be productive so.... bring in the coffee and more coffee and more... okay shush already!

Anyways... I just want to share with you my go to makeup on a rainy day. And for me nothing beats a gloomy day (yep gloomy but doesn't make me sad really) than to throw in some colors on me face and hop on some puddles in the rain (reminds me to get myself those nice rain boots I saw @ the flea market last week hmmm)....

So moving on already... to prep my face, I have been so in love with the Matte Mousse Foundation by Maybelline. And not just because everyone seems to say so... but it is totally the one foundation that I can rely on these days when it comes to controlling the oil on my face. Well, I think it is also because the weather so so nice and cold so....whatever.... I love it! plus the L'Oreal Base Magique? perfect! perfect! and to conceal dark spots under my eyes, I use the Maybelline Pure Mineral Concealer.

Then I use my all-time favorite go-to (cause I don't have anything else...LOL) products.....

Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder
Essence Bronzing Compact Powder

 On my eyes I use...
- the I love stage eyeshadow primer.
- then to add color on my eyes, I use the colors from the 4U2 Gemstone 4 color eyeshadow no. 10 ice to fire.
x1- apply above the crease
x2- apply on the outer crease and blend in towards the inner corner. And on the lower eyelids.

-then to open and brighten my eyes I add a white cream eyeshadow from the Maybelline Color tattoo collection 05 too Cool
x3 - apply on the middle lid and blend with your fingers.

- I also add a dark eyeshadow (from Natural Collection in the Color Midnight)  to add some depth to the outer crease.
x4 - apply on the outer crease and blend.

- I also use the Maybelline Eye liner to line my lids.(no photo)
- and some random mascara that I forgot to photograph...

On my lips I use
- the Sweet Kiss Lip Butter by Oriental Princes
- And apply the lipstick that I got from Mistine in 01 Healthy Pink

And on my brows I use the Brow designer in 02 by Essence. However, I had to retouch so often since this eyebrow pencil doesn't stay on longer... I should have used an eyebrow powder over it.

And the look that I came up with....

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AHEAD BEAUGORGEOUS!




post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I LOVE your blog so much! The layout is amazing.
    I'm your newest follower via google (144).
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well Also,
    if you'd like to keep in touch via twitter or facebook,
    just do so and let me know so I cab follow back =)
    Have anice day, hugs Beyaz Sır <3
    http://whiteglaze.blogspot.com
    twitter: @_gamzeahmet_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie, and I am glad you drop by and for following as well. I'd be happy to follow you back of course and I am sure I will have a wonderful time reading your post as well. have a great weekend! hugs and kisses

    always
    shannel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannelle . Wow ! You're such a humorous blogger, one of a kind in short :D soo unique ! love ur blog sis . Keep posting .

    Please have a peek view of my very own personal blog as well if u don't mind! :) Thanks . Have a great weekend ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ednalyn, and I am glad you find it unique. I do appreciate it that you come by and find it interesting ;) and yes, I would love to check out your blog. And you have a fabulous weekend too sweetie. hugs and kisses

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  4. You look so beautiful!!! Great post! I always enjoy spending time on your blog. Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Shalunya, I am glad you enjoy spending time here. I really appreciate it so much. Have a great week dear. Hugs and Kisses

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  5. Hi dear Shannel=) I really like the way you organize this kind of post, and you show all the pretty things you applied. This look suits you a lot, because it's not a too much heavy look but it gives you a really nice glow =)
    Have a wonderful weekend dear and many kisses to you and to the lovely Mr Kodi =) He's always a super star in every shot you take =)
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww...thank's my dear Marghe. This look is one of my favorites too ;) and yup Mr. Kodi loves the camera :) and I never let a day go by without taking some photos of him :) Have a great day dear. hugs, kisses and smooches to you and camilla.

      always
      shannel and Kodi

      Delete