ThriftTease: Easy School Makeup

by - November 22, 2013


Hi guys, it's already Friday. Where did all the days go? it's been a while since I haven't done any ThriftTease makeup look so I am catching up with what I missed so far ;).... I've really been busy with school lately... and yup, day to day whereabouts that I didn't honestly find any time to do some makeup reviews, explore and find interesting new products, create makeup looks and whatever we girls do. So, today I thought I'd share with you my easy, easy, easy (it's the coffee again, so please pardon me) go to makeup look I do everyday. I'ts really fast, easy and light.


#1 - I prep my face with moisturizer and some makeup base. Then I apply a thin coat of the Dream Matte mousse by Maybelline. Actually this is my go to mousse foundation if I don't want to make any effort at all with makeup.
# 2 - After applying on some concealer on my under eye area, I set it with a compact powder from Maybelline.


# 3 - On my eyes. I prep my brows with my brow pencil and put on some eyeshadow base.
# 4 - I use the In2It Eye Colour Palette in ESC 03 Sorbet deluxe to create a light pink-ish eye shadow effect.
x1 - apply all over the lid towards the brow bone.
x2 - apply over the crease
x3 - apply on the upper lid. Then I put over my favorite liquid eye liner by Maybelline


# 5 - I use the Photography blusher in no. 05 by Mistine to lightly contour my face and add a little blush using the Silky Blush Touch in 20 baby doll by Essence. I also use a little darker contouring blush to contour the sides of my nose to add "an illusion." 


Lastly, a line my lips with the lip liner in 04 Honey Bun by Essence and finish of with my favorite, super favorite lipstick, wink for pink 616 by Revlon.

and the look and that I came up with...

There's my very light and easy day to day look. And remember, makeup doesn't exactly change the way who you really are...for some of us, it's just a happy hobby. So, be com'table of who you are and what makes you happy. Again. "happy girls are the prettiest." 

HAVE A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE!




post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

13 comments

  1. This makeup is so beautiful! You have such a lovely blog :)
    xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise. I really appreciate that you come by. I am glad you find my blog lovely. You have a beautiful blog too and I had fun reading your post and your product reviews. Have a great weekend sweetie!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lily. Have a wonderful weekend! hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  3. I love all of your makeup selection for this look! You are absolutely stunning! Your makeup look is so soft and romantic like. I absolutely just love it! Thank you for sharing this with us hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz, I am happy you guys like it ;) and thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it. I've been experimenting with makeup and I am glad to share it with you guys. It always makes me happy that you come by. Have a wonderful day my lovely friend. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  4. You look so pretty my dear! So fresh faced and soft. I love Wink for Pink but it has gotten pushed to the back in favor of some more fall colors. Once again I am thinking I need to go check out Essence. As soon as this no buy is over it's on my to do list. Thanks for sharing your beautiful FOTD! (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you my dear gorgeous friend. I was trying to achieve a light and easy makeup look since the weather is really going crazy in Thailand. One second it's cold the next it's hot and humid and next it's raining all in a day. So I am trying to experiment with makeup that would do perfectly fine with the drastic weather change. I am really glad you like it ;) And it would be interesting to know what you think about essence when you get to try it. Apparently it has become my go to brand these days ;) have a great weekend my dear. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  5. I will have to take a look at the Revlong lippy in person, might need to add to my collection. That shadow palette looks interesting:) also what Maybelline powder compact is that?? From the mineral line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betti Thanks for dropping by and yeah you can check out the Revlon lipstick. I got it a couple of years ago and it's still one of my favorite day to day lipstick. And the powder is the Maybelline clear smooth all in one shine free cake powder it's my third compact already from the same line. I really love it. I'd be happy to know what you think about these products should you get to try them. Have a great day lovely and have a wonderful week ahead. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  6. Hey, I just want to say I just stumbled upon your blog and I really love it! will definitely be clicking the follow button. This was such a lovely blog to read and you look gorgeous in it. thanks for sharing this blog post :) xx

    www.beautiegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie and I am glad you love it :) You also have a lovely blog. I just went over and become your fan/friend/follower :). Have a wonderful day dear. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous you! I love this look :)

    Hugs,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete