Better than Grey: Easy Everyday Makeover

by - January 14, 2014


Hey gorgeous people! Hope you guys are having a wonderful time. I know sometimes it's so hard to stay as cheerful and as positive as the ideal but hey that doesn't mean we can't try and at least pretend to be... that way we still have fun pretending we are cheerful ;) Anyways, I am testing some products that I recently got so that means... fun time with makeover again! I went through my stash of makeup and realized I had so much more than I normally need and there are a couple of products that I haven't even use... well maybe once or twice but still there's more than I need... I guess... well how much makeup can a woman have...seriously how much... okay so, I decided I'd go a little moderate on purchasing makeup this year (fingers cross) and focus on skin care and makeover... being thirty couldn't be more challenging specially maintaining that youthful glowing skin and age appropriate makeup looks that would say "hey I'm way pass thirty, I'm proud of it, I am taking care of myself, I've had half the share of life and I am wise ;)

Moving on... Okay, I may have a little obsession with purple shades lately but I realized wearing that much purple can be too much and it is hard to wear the shade fab without looking drag.  And yes, I wear the shade in almost an everyday basis... too much shade I know but, that's just me I'm a drag queen and color makes my happy. But the key is too tone it down a bit so it doesn't look "too purple" (if that makes sense. LOL)


Face Prep

*Moisturizer - Sakura White Radiance Skin by Garnier
I recently switched to this product since the one I've been using and been faithful to for so many years isn't working for me anymore. Probably my skin had gotten used to the formula so it doesn't respond to it the way it should. So, I decided to switched to Garnier which is now my major skin care go-to product. And I will definitely do a separate and updated skin care routine post.

*Primer - Colour Control UV Makeup Base by Essence
This is my current pick from Essence and I am very excited to try it. I've just used it once and will be back with a more detailed review ones I know for sure how it works.


*Foundation - Lucent Magique by L'Oreal
I have been using this one since I got it on a Christmas Sale last year and I love how this one works on my skin. I actually intended to buy the True Match Liquid Foundation which everyone is raving about and had made it to the top must-have foundation list but it wasn't available. But I'm still happy I got this one.

*True Match Super Blendable Powder by L'Oreal
I decided to pick this one since I wasn't able to get the Liquid foundation. And guess what, I love how amazingly blendable this product is. It makes the skin soft and it makes the skin glow as well.


*Contour Powder - All about Face exclusive by Tesco
I randomly picked this two way foundation powder to contour my face. I got a little fair since winter so a thought a subtle face contouring would be appropriate...if subtle means the way I do subtle ;)

*Blush - Betty in Forest Cheek Color by Mistine
I actually forgot how wonderful this blush is specially how it makes your face glow without looking too glittery. Just swirl your brush on all the shades and it creates a nice glowing blush shade.


On my Eyes
* Eye shadow - Betty in Forest Eyeshadow
I love the effect of this pastel like shades. And this time I must say, I love the way it wasn't made to be that pigmented that way you got the colors under control and creates a soft seemingly "not there" look.

x1 - apply all over the lids towards the brow bone.
x2- apply over and on the crease
x3-apply on the lids

*and oh I used the Stays no Matter What Pen Eye Liner by Essence to line my upper lids (sorry no photo)


Then my usual go-to....
 * Brows - Canmake Brow Kit and Brow Designer by Essence to fill the hair gaps on my brows.
* EyeShadow Base - I love Stage Eyeshadow base by Essence


* Mascara - In2It Fiber Mascara
I got this a month ago (or I don't know when exactly) and was supposed to do a review on this one. And yes my lashes went MIA on this one since I am supposed to use this with a volume mascara. This one does make the lashes long since it has fibers in it which imitate the lashes making it long but you still need something that would create volume or it wouldn't work as great as it said it does.


And I finish of with the NYX Lipstick in Strawberry Milk.

And the look that I came up with....

So there goes my Easy Purple Everyday Makeup Makeover.

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY EVERYONE!


post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Gorgeous look Shannel. Soft purples are great for everyday and I'm also loving "Strawberry Milk", it looks so pretty on you.
    Have a fab day!

    Keisha xo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Keisha ;) "Strawberry Milk" is one of my favorite lipstick. I just think the shade is wearable at anytime of the day. And hope you have a wonderful day too. hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. And I really appreciate the kind words. Have a wonderful day dear. hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad you like it ;) have a beautiful day dear Jonna. hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful as always my friend. Ahhhh that blush and shadow is sooooooo cute!! I know what you mean about staying positive. It's been a bit challenging lately. So many things beyond our control and not enough hours in the day to take care of the things we can control. Hopefully, you can find happy again soon my dear friend!! Just remember that this too shall pass and brighter days are ahead! Sending you bunches of love, warm fuzzies and pixie dust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my very dear friend Shalunya, Thanks for dropping by. Your kind words really means so much to me. I hope things are well in your side of the world. Been so busy lately. Everything seems to be moving too fast and we just have to keep up. But all is good. Sending you hugs and kisses from across the miles.

      Delete
  5. That pink Lipstick is beautiful!!! I've been dying to try so pink Nyx lipsticks... But Ipsy only sends me Nudes!!! :)
    http://2girls1beautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely :) NYX Lipstick in Strawberry Milk looks very sweet. Thank you for the share. xx

    Love,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete