Back to School w/ Gorgeous Shadow Palette

by - January 22, 2014




Hey beautiful! I got done with school stuff a little early  today so I thought I'd drop by and do a makeup/makeover update. I haven't bought any thing new for my beauty collection these past few days...like I said, I have more than what I need + I got a little busy ...but I  have my list of what's-new-to-try and I can't wait to explore and try new products or those that I have been wanting to try for a long time. Well, anyways, here's a little update on what beauty products I've been using lately and my school go-to makeup look.

 

Prep
* Primer - Revlon Photo Ready perfecting Primer
I have been using this product since I bought it and I can only say it's one of the greatest drugstore primer in the entire drugstore beauty world. The consistency of the this product is just perfect. It's not too dense nor too *liquidy* and it blends easily without any effort. It feels like silicon which is great for oily to combination skin and those with too visible pores. It evens out skin complexion transforming it into a smooth canvas making the foundation stick a little longer and you get the flawless finish even without using any foundation at all. It also doesn't have a strong smell so I say this one is worth the buy.

*Foundation - Lucent Magique Light Infusing Foundation by L'Oreal
I love this product specially now that the weather is kind of chilly where I am. This foundation makes your skin glow and creates moisture without making it look shinny and oily. I noticed that during the past few days since the weather became cold, using matte foundation makes your skin dry and creates try patches. So it is very important to moisturizer, yes, even if you already have an oily skin and make sure that your foundation doesn't contribute to dryness.


On my Eyes
30 Pomegranate Punk by Color Tattoo Maybelline - I used this as an eyeshadow base.
x1 -apply on the lids and "drag" towards the brow bone area using your clean fingers. Cream eyeshadows blends really well when you use your fingers rather than a brush except maybe if you have a great blush which can do the trick.


*Eyeshadow - Gorgeous Palette by Beauty Cottage
I have been so in love with this palette. I haven't own the Naked Palettes but it feels like I got  all three of them in this gorgeous, gorgeous box. The matte shades are super pigmented and the glossy ones are subtle that you can basically wear it anywhere, anytime.

x2-apply on the lid
x3- apply on the outer crease corner
x4-apply above the crease and blend to create that smooth transition of colors.
x5-apply to highlight the browbone.

and oh I also use a white eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eyes to make my eyes pop a little bit. Been up late due to stacks of reading so I needed a little help to make them look like I've been sleeping :)


And yes, I am a little "contour-freak" I bet a dramatically contour my face more than anyone else in the world... or not...but the point is a little contour does make a lot of difference.

*to contour my nose - Canmake  Nose Shadow Powder
*to contour my face - Bronzing Matte Powder by Essence.
My face look a little paler since I have been staying indoors most of the time except when I run so I have to held back a little with too much contouring :)


On my eyes
*Brows- Brow Designer by Essence and I put over the Eyebrow Stylist Set  and using both of these products does make my brows stays longer. I don't even have to retouch.


On my cheeks I used the 15 Hollyhock Cheek Colour by Botanics


On my Lips
I put on the Rescue Baby Lips by Maybelline to prevent my lips from chapping and top it off with the 730 Coral Gleam by Maybelline

and the look that I came up with...

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!
post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. You look absolutely fab, my lovely! I have been trying to wear that lovely pallete by beauty cottage. I love it! xoxo

    Love love,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely fab, my lovely! I have been trying to wear that lovely pallete by beauty cottage. I love it! xoxo

    Love love,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Mel and I am looking forward to know what you think about the palette ;) and I'm glad you like it. hugs and kisses gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. So pretty :) Love this look! The L'Oreal foundation is flawless! I love it, but I can never get it to last throughout the day! Any tips?

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Louise. Your kind words means a lot and oh I just dab a tissue paper after I apply any foundation before putting on a setting powder. I do the same after I put on my concealer its just dabbing the excess so it won't blend with the powder that way it stays longer. And a good primer also does the trick ;) Thanks for asking. I hope you find it useful. Have a great day dear. hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  4. I love this look...so soft and natural. You look beautiful!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keisha, Thanks for always dropping by and being so sweet. Have a nice day dear. Hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous honey!!!! Love this look!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girls. I'm glad you love it. And thanks for always being sweet. It means so much. Have a wonderful weekend! hugs and kisses

      Delete
  6. Your eyes are absolutely mesmerizing. So pretty! I loved reading this post and seeing what Shannel is wearing! You are just beautiful my dear! Give my love to Kodi-man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely and dear friend. And thanks for always being so supportive. You it means so much to me every time you come by ;) I have been busy these days and things are not quite well from this part of the world but I am hopeful that things will get better soon. Thanks for the inspiring words and kodi sends smooches to you guys. and wish you guys a wonderful weekend! hugs and kisses!

      Delete