I'm Back... kind of

by - October 29, 2014


Hey guys! I am back!... okay not that back but I am slowly getting there. Been a while since I've been in a hiatus. Chemo gets on the way of blogging and although I am perfectly fine most days, I have solely dedicated my time sleeping and enjoying not doing anything but to make myself strong, healthy and happy. Nothing of that much really happen the past few months. Except for my trips to the hospital and the forbidden trips to the malls the market and what nots... I am basically just sitting around enjoying the view from my window and tons of books to read. Yes, I have finally get the wish of my life... to read as much as I want. Okay not after my bed time tho. Apparently,  we chemo chicks do need a lot of sleeping time. and that's super fantastic too. Yey! for beauty sleep :)

Aside from my super bare head look. I can say there has been a lot of changes in my life which came about after some time of struggling to stay over water and kicking cancer hard on the balls. I have become aware of the NOW and somehow unconsciously leave tomorrow as it is. My mantra is to make today as worthwhile as it is and be thankful for what comes along. I have also made a 90 degrees turn on my lifestyle. I have turn into a vegan. Like I used to say, since I got sick I no longer bare to have anyone not even animals subject to death... I couldn't even swat an insect. Not after I realized how precious a life is. So I made some choices and I am happy. And please don't get me wrong I am not here to preach about... to each his own like they say. But I guess I will be gearing more towards the lifestyle I am choosing to live and yup that means I might be doing some copy-cat "cooking rituals" and food prep options from the likes of Laura Vitale Although she doesn't cook mostly vegan. But she does have a lot of vegan choices on her channel. And of course Kristine of Fully Raw and few others.

I may also make a few shift on my beauty and health choices and... ohh well it might just be the chemo thing but I may have gone a little nuts and have become a little organic fanatic... but hey it's the sick chick talking so please please please no raise eyebrows please. Well, I do however try my best to come up with really really relevant things to keep this blog going. Well... might also be talking about hats and being bald and my interest on trying crocheting and sewing and things I got in my bucket list... we'll see... and I hope you stay tune for it.

Well, I guess I will be coming back for more of my day to day updates. But for now I need to sleep and since the doc had to add few more rounds of chemo instead. So I needed to keep resting to recharge. So till then my beaugorgeous! And remember "life is a waking dream."





post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yay! Welcome back, gorgeous. I'm well happy you're back blogging. Just take it real slow, yeah? What do you mean about the forbidden trips to the malls? Ha! Who is that naughty lady pestering the driver to take her for shopping? lol Anyway, you've done really well! Go vegan! I'm so impressed.

    Love you loads...always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahahah. Forbidden trips... those where the days I needed some isolation but I go hopping around places I was never allowed to like a mad rabbit :) and yes, I will go slow this time :) lots of love!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Shannel! Awesome choice to become vegan. I have been a vegetarian for over 15 yrs and it was one of the best choices that I have made. I wish you all the best and I'm looking forward to more of your posts.

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keisha. And yes, being vegan is the greatest accomplishment I ever made. And I never even thought I would be one. Unfortunately it took a very scary wake up call for me to realize that I needed change. And I am glad I did. Thanks for dropping by gorgeous. Kisses!

      Delete