Life After Chemotherapy

by - January 14, 2015


Hey my beauties! it feels wonderful to be back again. It's been a few couple of happy days after my last chemo and I am very glad I get to see 2015 in such an amazing way. Well, it may be quite normal... er common to come out with a few new years resolution for this year... like I used to... but this time... I don't even know if I have a resolution. I am just too happy I get the chance to see another year pass through my very eyes and I am more than happy to just take a curious glance to more wonderful things and hop right to it. 

I am well now... kinda :) and yes, I could have blog about my journey but I just decided to sit back for a while take time to rest and focus on becoming healthy again and no... I don't think cancer all the time. As much as it is as scary as the joker's smile I am not intimidated by it. And well, in as much as I don't want to sound arrogant, I am stronger than what it is. So instead I get to do things I never get to do before. Like I learn how to cook, crochet and read tons of novels which took a lot of my time and of course spend wonderful time with my cousins, my siblings and people I love :)

And yes, this is indeed another chapter of my life. I've past through another tunnel. The journey wasn't all that tough but I had times when I get to pause for a while and wonder if there will ever be a light at the end of it. Then I look back and realized I have come this far and I am going anyway. So, how did I cope with my cancer? you ask. Well a lot of courage I guess. And yes there were times I had to struggle alone. There are times when you wonder and realized... no one really understands what you are going through.  And yes, surviving through an illness doesn't just mean you have to go through the pain of being poked and poked with gazillion of needles a million times but its the thought that came a long with it. Like you wonder if the universe is punishing you...and you look back again, your life flashing through in front of you and you wonder... have I consumed so much water more than I needed to? have I used up so many toilet paper? have I been so unkind to people? to creatures ( I don't eat anymore)...or have I been so greedy, selfish, self absorbed, ungrateful or perhaps its the lack of faith... and that I have been punish a hundred blows. Do I deserve all this? Then I realized cancer is not sentence... a death sentence for perhaps any wrong done. And sadly, the fact that people discriminate... cancer doesn't. It happens to people young and old, rich or poor, regardless of whatever faith and race. And NO, cancer is not a punishment but rather an opportunity to be brave, to be more compassionate, to be kind and tolerant and above all  to have faith that whatever happens I can get through all it because I am stronger.

Now I am very very excited to come back. There are so many things to do and projects waiting to be done. The universe will not wait for me and like most of us... "surviving cancer is not going to be our only accomplishment" there is something more... and that is the faith that what is ahead may be uncertain, but we face it with boldness in our hearts that everyday is the matter that counts.


Till next time!


post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I just love you! I pray you are cancer free!!! And I love how you see the positive things and not having to shave any more. I love you girl! I keep routing for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Cindi, and I love you too girl. Thanks you for praying for me. I am getting better and I hope life for me will be normal again...or close to normal. I am excited to come back and blog again. I know I missed a lot of fun stuffs and I can't wait to be back again. Sending you my love, hugs and kisses!

      Delete
  2. You know you looks so cute even after Chemo..all the best and I hope you will be ok soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Shannel! You have such a positive attitude, its so refreshing. I wish all the best on the road to recovery!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete