Thrift Tease Makeover Challenge: Oh so Green

by - September 04, 2013

Hey BeauGorgeous! Wonderful, wonderful Wednesday isn't it? Please don't hate, I do have some not-so-wonderful, gloomy and sad days...like most of us. But I refuse to be a bringer of one. You know be the ultimate bringer of here-I-come-say-goodbye-to-a-great-day kind of person. So, grab a pinch of happy and get through the day smiling.

Today I got very inspired by the green Essence Pencil Eye Liner that I got. And like I said, I bought it because I thought it would work as an eye shadow as well.... so I thought I'd play with a little green this time and see what I'll come up with. I am also using some of the new products that I picked to see how it works.

On my face I am using the Essence Compact Powder in Matte. Also, I am testing out the Za total hydration BB Cream UV White. Okay, so I love how it produce a very, very smooth finish. However, it doesn't give you a full coverage which means it doesn't really hide blemishes and discoloration. But again, when you touch your skin it really feels so smooth and if you don't have any skin break-outs to conceal then I would really recommend getting this one but you can always use a concealer to hide breakouts and blemishes.

On my brows, I used the brown eyebrow pencil that I got from Buffet Beauty few years ago. As you can see I've almost used up all of it. And of course I am using the CANMAKE Brow Kit Powder to create a more subtle and natural brow. 

On my eyes I am using all the Pencil Eye Liners by Essence. I first use the Green Eyeliner as a base... yes you heard me right there. I was very surprise how creamy and blendable it can get so applying it on my entire eyelids towards the brow bone was very easy.
x2 - apply on the inner corner of the eye blending towards the middle
x3 - apply on the outer crease and blend it towards the midde
Black Eyeliner - to line my upper eyelids
White Eyeliner - to highlight the inner corners of my eyes
Green Eyeliner - I used as a base and to line the lower lids.
Then I used a shade from my Ever Bilena (a drugstore brand from the Philippines) Eyeshadow Palette (green x1) shade on my lids. And no I didn't hit pan on this. It hit the floor so this is what's left of it. LOL
Then, to highlight the brow bone, I used the... I don't really know what's it called (x4) from the Christian Dior Travel Kit that I got from a long, long, time ago. ;) And you can tell I only used up a small portion of it. Well, it says "Travel Kit" and I don't travel that much lately.... so you know what I mean. LOL!

 To contour my cheeks I use the *orange-ish* blush that I got from KMA Collections. I specially love their blushes because they smell very lovely. Then I used the *Pink* blush by Essence on the apples of my cheeks. And the CANMAKE NOSE Shadow and Highlight to define my nose, make it appear " a little slender and taller" LOL

x1 - apply to contour the cheeks
x2 - apply on the apples of the cheeks
x3 - apply to make the nose appear slender and longer ;)


On my lashes, I used the Mutli Action False Lash Mascara by Essence. I got this few months ago but I forgot I even have it. I do love this mascara cause it produces a thick finish making your lashes appear like you are wearing falsies....


...and yes, my eyelash curler failed me again. LOL! but it appears like I do have a lot of lashes. Okay, from now on I am on a quest to find that perfect Eyelash Curler.

Then I complete the look with a nude lipstick from 4U2. 

HERE'S THE LOOK THAT I CAME UP WITH...

Great Day Everyone!


post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. The green really suits you :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! it was fun creating the look. Have a great day sweetie! hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  2. Your pictures, and blog is so pretty!, you shared it in the pro-makeup beauty community and happy you did super cute, i was looking for new blogs to read as well :) Followed you with GFC If you want to check out mine that would be awesome :) follow back if you love mine too ;)http://pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate it so much and I am happy you find my blog pretty ;) And thanks for following. And of course I will check out your blog. I am happy to meet friends who shares the same passion for blogging ;) Have a great day Kathleen. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  3. hi dear Shannel!! You're so beatiful with this look! The green suits you a lot and exalts your eyes! You've to use greens more often =)
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Thank you dear Marghe. I think I am starting to love greens ;) I never thought about the shade before but then I saw the green eye pencil so I thought I'd create a look to go with it. I am glad you like it. I wish you a great and fantastic day my dear Marghe. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete
  4. That's really cute. You're right don't hate Wednesday! hahaha.. Anyways, keep posting good beauty article like what your doing. I love to read most of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ednalyn. And it's nice to know you love reading my blog. I appreciate it so much. And yup, most times we just have to smile and carry on. Have a great day sweetie. hugs and kisses!

      always
      shannel

      Delete