Vegetarian Recipe: Chili Con Vegan

by - March 31, 2015


Good morning Beaugorgeous! (Beautiful and gorgeous) people of course ;) ! Welcome to another day of food display. As you know, I have been quite busy in the kitchen these past few months trying to navigate to a healthy and clean lifestyle. And after all some hit and misses, I would eventually come to a recipe worth sharing. So today, I bring you chili con vegan. This is by far the most complicated dish I did ever make but I am so proud of the result and here is how I did it.

Ingredients:

Soy Tofu
Garlic, onions, green pepper, read pepper, dried chili
black beans (I used the raw ones so I needed to pre-cooked it until it becomes soft)
diced tomatoes
tomato sauce
chili powder and seasoning
organic soy sauce (or the regular one)

Here's how I do it: Pre-cooked the black beans in a pressure cooker or in a regular pot. Just make sure the beans become soft and it's ready. Then into a separate pan, saute the tofu and add the spices and herbs. Add the tomatoes. When the tofu are a little brown already, add the black beans and the tomato sauce and the soy sauce. Let it boil then reduced to a simmer until it becomes pasty or the sauce becomes thick. Serve with rice or some toasted brown bread. 


And for today's special dessert, we got some fresh jackfruit. Do you know that jackfruit is rich in dietary fiber that is why it is a very good laxative. It contains vitamin C and a good amount of vitamin A and is an anti oxidant and helps maintain good vision. It is also rich in vitamin B 6 such as niacin, riboflavin and folic acid (the supplement I really need the most). 

So, there's my vegetarian recipe for today and hope you guys have a wonderful day! And oh, don't forget to grab a plate of jackfruit today or any of your favorite fruit.







post signature
post signature

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm a huge fan of Chilli con carne and I will have to try your vegan recipe to see if the husband will go with me. ;) Thanks for sharing my lovely. Oh that jackfruit is a teaser! *drool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Chilli con carne and I will have to try your vegan recipe to see if the husband will go with me. ;) Thanks for sharing my lovely. Oh that jackfruit is a teaser! *drool

    ReplyDelete